The Author of This Blog

*This writings was prepared for Business Communication Class on Magister Management University of Gadjah Mada. The lecture asked us to prepare homework of 'Introducing Yourself to the Audience".  In the classroom, he also asked us to present this material for three minutes individual presentation.
So, here it is...

I grew up in a family who emphasize us, as the children, must be smart in school. For your info, my mother was a high school teacher. So, she always said: "you may be naughty, but you must get a good rank in your class". Well, as the result, I always got good rank in my class since I was in elementary school. I was entered private school who has not many students. Perhaps that’s why I always got a first rank for 6 years study. Ha-ha.
Just kidding, my mother always pushed me to study and to do my homework in the evening after Isya prayer. Oh for your info too, in my elementary level, I was entered into two schools. In the morning, I attended normal school. We can say normal Elementary School. In the afternoon, I attended Islamic School. What so called Madrasah Ibtidaiyah. It is like elementary school but more courses and studies on Islamic study. Such as Arab Language, Fiqih, Islam History, and etc. So, every day at 12 pm, after I finished my morning school, then i go back home. After having lunch, directly I go to my afternoon school. That is what I did for four years. Because i just started my afternoon school when I was in second grade. As the result, I got two degrees and certificates.
I lived in South Jakarta. All those two schools were on Fatmawati area near to Cilandak Town Square. Oh ya, I was born in Fatmawati Hospital.
But in High School, I was only attended one school. Thanks God I always got good rank in all 3 years. What I did in high school mostly on sport extracurricular. I joined basketball, volleyball, and played soccer. You may not call me as an expert, but I called myself as a good one in those 3 sports. In senior high school, I always got highest eight.What I most enjoyed was when after school, we conducted football competition. And my class was got the second winner. The one and only ‘IPA’ class (which usually known as ‘smart boys’ that can be a winner.
In university, there was a lecturer who made me loves architecture. A lecture of Site design. He was very killer. Hard to get B mark. However, he always likes my ideas when doing his course. All of my friends admitted it. And since that time, I decided to work in architecture.
I joined extracurricular in sport and Martial Art. Actively joined Merpati Putih Bandung. And I re-activated Student Activity Unit (UKM) Merpati Putih ITB. One of our achievements was to bring one team, group of five people, participated in Martial Art competition in Yogyakarta. What I can remember was we did maximum effort to collect the money. For example, we are funding the money from Sponsors, from University, from Individuals, and also by selling food and beverages in the crowd.
I was graduated in 2003, after 4.5 years studied Architecture. In early year, I was working in design consultants. But then I realized, working in property developer, I could get all knowledge in this subject. We can get knowledge from the first step build a building and/or township. Such as design and planning block plans, synchronizing it with feasibility study. After that, we can manage our supporting consultants such as structure and Mechanical electrical. All fields must be well coordinated to construct a good building. After the building completed, we as an architect, can also operate it and getting knowledge in building operation and management. Therefore, since 2005, I work for some leading property developers.

10 years later, I decided to took admission at UGM Jakarta. I believe somehow, higher education would bring me to something great.
• What am I interested in? What do I like to do? What do I like to think about and talk about?
Traveling. This is another thing I am most interested to discuss. Backpacking, no wait, flashpacking more suitable for me. When I was in university, I often did traveling, with my friends. Went to Yogyakarta for the first time and backpacking, visited ancient and traditional villages such us Baduy village in Banten, and Kampung Naga at Garut. But for the latest 3 years, I do traveling more often. You can say one trip each month. 


Another thing that interested me in is Astronomy. As I described it in my previous post: insangku-Mengapa saya suka InterstellarI do like an astronomy theme films such Interstellar, Gravity, and The Martian. Studying astronomy allows us to understand about universe, how God created it, how big is it, and so on. And you know, Pluto is not considered as planet anymore and it no longer on our solar system. On 2006, the scientists and astronomers have classified it as dwarf planet.  (not so important info :p)
You may wish to understand the picture below. How we compare our self to Earth, how is Earth compare to Solar System, how is Solar System compare to Milky Way, how is Milky Way compare to Another Galaxiy such as Andromeda, how is Galaxy compare to Virgo Super Cluster, and so forth.
Earth and Our Solar System compare to Milky Way
Source: Internet
source: www.angelfire.com
The conclusion is I am one of the persons who believed we are not the only one (human) that live in this universe ^_^V.
     Achievements: What achievements have given me the greatest personal satisfaction? List at least five. Include things that gave you a real sense of accomplishment and pride, whether or not they’re the sort of thing you’d list on a résumé. 
Graduated from High School and accepted in Institute Teknologi Bandung was one of my high achievements. Yes, that time, mostly all IPA students craving to be accepted there. You know? my reason choose Architecture was only want to live in Bandung. Want to feel free and far from my family.

Second thing is, I passed the admission process in UGM with the highest mark among all students. It was approximately 670 points for Test Potensi Akademik. But I tell you, it does not mean anything :D. just.. proud at that time. No other wish besides to be graduated on-time.
My score on enrollment period.
The third, once, I got the second winner when participating in design competition for bridge design and architecture. You can see in my portfolio project later.
The fourth, if you ask me what achievement that I got for my hobby, well, I can say, I have accomplished four of seven highest mountain summit in Indonesia. Ya, one of my dreams is to become seven summitters Indonesia.  What is the four? Mount Kerinci in Sumatera, Mount Semeru in Jawa, Mount Rinjani in Nusa Tenggara, and Mount Latimojong in Sulawesi.
 Seven Red Dots represent Seven Highest Mountain Summit of Indonesia. Mt. Kerinci on Sumatera, Mt. Semeru on Java, Mt. Rinjani in Nusa Tenggara, Mount Bukit Raya on Kalimantan, Mt. Latimojong on Sulawesi, Mt. Binaiya on Maluku, and Mt. Cartenz Pyramid on Papua.
Source: www.dodyadventure.com

     Goals: What do you hope to accomplish this term? Where would you like to be professionally and person- ally five years from now?
My goal is to reach another three which are Mount Bukit Raya in Kalimantan, Mount Binaiya in Maluku, and the majesty Cartenz Pyramid in Jaya Mountain Papua. Hopefully I can accomplish the rest three within next five years. How to reach my dreams? Keep travel, keep meeting people, even when you have to crawl.
My wish in professional and carrier is, I would like to work in the company who intensively involved in renewable energy industry such as wind turbine, solar/photovoltaic panel and so on.  The purpose is to provide clean energy and electricity in many remote islands throughout Indonesia. How to achieve that? I am still searching scholarship in Canada or European countries which offering that field of study. And to bring the knowledge to our country. Fasten my seat belt!

Komentar

If you don't mind me addressing the same UGM questions. I'm sure you don't ;)

Like any other Indonesian child, I was encouraged to become a leading science student who apparently overwhelmed with homework and additional courses. I had good mark but I never knew what to do out of it. Time went on, I grew up under the same rhythm of default 'Indonesian education'. Now, here I am, a well-performed mediocre.

- What I am interested in is learning. I was blessed with this unemployment status so I can pursue my second higher education, and hopefully the highest is yet to come. I always want to talk about my obsession. Not my general personal obsession, but such weekly obsession with fav music / movies, etc. Currently, I obsess over House of Cards tv series.

- Achievements. Granted Norwegian driving license. The driving test was the most nervous feeling I have ever experienced. The amount of money I spent was the hugest among any kind of test I've enrolled. The preparation before the test was longer than one semester in university. It was crazy I know.

- Goals. This is difficult. So far, I know what I need for life, but I am not really sure what I want for life. How do I put goals in this situation? needs or want?
gillnegara mengatakan…
nuhun comments nya Nis.
Many happy return on your endeavor ahead.
gillnegara mengatakan…
Firstly, i was only not sure what my goals are. However, since my lecture asked for this, i was trying to re-thinking what my passion are. Just think what you want first. in your career, then on your life in general.
Do not ever think if your goals is so simple and do not have to have a goal that is so sophisticated. Every one have some goals, whether they are realize it or not. Try to ask your heart. *halahh...

Postingan Populer